Updated Company & Client Policies - Effective 5/1/2018
All policies and practices may be subject to changed
at any time. Updated 1/1/2022.
Determining if APS can accommodate providing you
- We will need an address of the property needing
service to assess if we can add you into a current route.
- Depending on the route and type of service determines
the day of service.
- We will need to do a pool review covering your
pool vessel, chemistry, equipment and landscape to qualify you
- We will need access to the mentioned above on
the day the review is scheduled.
- You do not need to be home at the time of the
pool review if you are busy. We will fill out a checklist on the
back of our service contract with our findings. I will then leave
the document & business card on site for you to review at
- We require any pool vessel, chemistry, equipment
and landscape issues discovered during the pool review to be addressed
prior to taking on the client for weekly service.
- Our current rates run from $200
- $400 per month for Full Pool Service once a week pending
the pool review.
APS Service Contract Policy Updates - Effective
- Client is responsible for
refilling the pool or spa to proper operational level for
all services prior to your service day.
- APS requires a clear and
safe path through gateways, walkways, around the pool/spa
and the equipment area.
- APS also requires
all pool toys, floatation devices, chairs, tables, ect removed
from around the pool/spa on your service day or we are unable
to provide service.
- Types Of Services - Pools:
A . CHEMICAL ONLY SERVICE - Weekly
• Test water for Chlorine, pH and Alkalinity.
• Monitor Conditioner, Calcium Hardness, Total Hardness
and Salt levels.
• Monitor Total Dissolved Solids, Phosphates and Metals.
• Balance Water (Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Conditioner &
• Add needed chemicals along with Algae Preventive &
• Chemicals must be rebalanced before service begins. (Additional
• Client responsible for emptying baskets, cleaner bag,
and cleaning pool.
• $100 per month
B. CHEMICAL AND BASKET SERVICE - Weekly
• Includes Chemical Only Service.
• Empty pool cleaner bag.
• Clean all skimmer baskets & pump basket.
• Lubricate o-rings, check valves and clock settings.
• Client responsible for cleaning pool.
• $125 per month
C. FULL SERVICE - Weekly
• Includes Chemical and Basket Service.
• Skim top of pool and remove debris from bottom.
• Brush pool walls, steps and swim outs.
• Backwash pool filter (Filter Cleanings - Additional Charge)
• Inspect automatic pool cleaner and adjust.
• Inspect all equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Minimum pool service rates are $200
• Price decided after pool review
D. FULL COMBO SERVICE POOL & SPA - Weekly
• Includes Pool Full Service.
• Includes Spa Full Service (Stand Alone)
• Minimum Combo service rates are $400
• Price decided after pool & spa
review is completed.
Note: Cyaniric Acid (Stabilizer) is used in all pools &
spas to industry standards & allowable tolerances.
Note: Salt addition is a seperate charge from weekly service.
There is a minimum 1/2 hr labor for delivery and proper mixing.
- Types Of Services - Spas:
A. FULL SERVICE – Weekly
• Monitor Chlorine or Bromine, pH, Alkalinity.
• Monitor Conditioner, Calcium Hardness, Total Hardness.
• Monitor Total Dissolved Solids, Phosphates and Metals.
• Balance Water (Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness).
• Add needed chemicals along with Clarifier, Enzymes and
• Remove & inspect filter or filters.
• Internal spa filters – Cleaned annually as needed.
• External spa filters - Estimated on site.
• Skim top of spa water as needed.
• Vacuum debris from bottom as needed.
• Brush spa walls, steps and swim outs as needed.
• Clean inside of cover as needed.
• Clean fixtures as needed.
• Inspect all equipment to ensure proper operation.
• $185 per month.
B. Additional Services Spas - Decided
on after inspection.
•Chemical Start Up Only-(Oxidizer, pH, Alkalinity, Calcium)
•Basic Water Change -(Drain, Filter Clean, Refill, Chem
•Basic Spa Cleaning - ( Basic Water Change + Power Wash)
•Ultra Spa Cleaning - ( Basic Spa Cleaning + Spa Purge)
New Customers: (Ultra
Spa Cleaning required or we can not
provide weekly spa service)
SPA WATER CHANGES - Needed regularly.
•Spa water must be changed every 3-6
months pending 1500 ppm maximum TDS levels.
•Spa water must be changed every 3-4 months pending 100
ppm maximum conditioner levels in chlorine spas.
- Additional Services Over
All - Service calls, Repairs, Solar on/off, Etc:
• Any and all additional services required or requested
by the client, not listed above, are charged separate from the
• Service calls, any repairs, additional maintenance, solar
on/off will be billed at one hour minimum
at $85 per hour.
• Any of the above that require more
than 5 minutes of time fall under the hourly minimum rate.
• After the first billed hour then the client will be billed
at 1/2 hour increments from there forward until the job is complete.
• Contract jobs will follow C.S.L.B. standards and will
include costs for materials, labor, notice to owner, 3 day cancellation
and insurance information.
• Sub contractors or 3rd party repairs will be billed directly
through that entity and not through APS unless other wise stated
during contractual agreements.
• NEW POOL
START UPS (PEBBLE TECH) - Plaster
- additional $200
||00,000 - 10,000
||10,000 - 20,000
||20,000 - 30,000
||30,000 - 40,000
includes brushing the entire
pool, balancing chemicals 2 times a day for 6 days. This is a
total of 12 visits. This also includes vacuuming out all dust
and debris with a brush vacuum head. To finalize everything we
will do a filter cleaning and reprogram or reset your time clocks
for normal operation.
- Filter Cleanings & Phos
• FC & Phos Treatment annually serviced - March &
April - Prior to solar on.
• FC is required at double the starting pressure of the
clean filter. Other wise the filter is cleaned during the annual
• Sand Filter - Backwash included - Full Service
• Single Cartridge Filter cleaning - $100
• 4x Cartridge Filter cleaning - $125
• 8x Cartridge Filter cleaning - $175
• D.E. Filter cleaning - $300
• Phos Treatment W/CHEM, VAC & FC - Sand filter - $250
• Phos Treatment W/CHEM, VAC & FC - Cartridge filter
• Phos Treatment W/CHEM, VAC & FC - D. E. filter - $450
• Solar On - Around the week of April 15.
• Solar Off - Around the week of October 31.
• Solar that requires more than 5
minutes of time to turn on or off falls under the hourly minimum
• We recommend having a solar installation company
come out every couple of years to inspect the panels on the roof.
- Off Season - Seasonal Change
• Some clients prefer to change service during the off season.
• On Season - May - October - Full Service.
• Off Season - November - April - Chemical Only or Chem
• Pools with heavy debris fall can not be considered for
Off Season rates do to chemical efficiency & possible equipment
• Covered pools will require an occasional cleaning of debris
and reset pumps - $42.50
• Opening of all pools for the start of the season requires
a minimum of 1 hour labor as of 1/1/2022 - $85.00
- Repair Notifications:
• When a client / customer are notified of a necessary repair,
they will have seven (7) business days to have the repair completed
or schedule date for completion.
• Repairs may be made by the owner, APS, a sub contractor
or another company of the clients / customers choice.
• If the client / customer does not repair or scheduled
a date for the repair completion, APS has the right to cancel
service the following billing cycle (1st of the month) due to
• Alumni Pool Service will not be held liable for ownership
refusal of necessary repairs.
- Landscape Notifications:
• When a client / customer are notified of a necessary landscape
issue, they will have seven (7) business days to have the issue
completed or schedule date for completion.
• Landscape notification is to notify the owner that part
of the landscape is unsafe or damaging the pool, vessel,equipment,
affecting the chemistry to where it has become unmanageable on
a service visit in a timely manor.
• If the client / customer does not resolve the issue or
scheduled a date to resolve the landscape issue, APS has the right
to cancel service the following billing cycle (1st of the month)
due to ownership neglect.
- Billing Cycle starts on
the 1st of every month:
• Billing invoices are mailed / e-mailed out on the 1st
of every month for that current month.
• Any additional charges from the previous month and current
month will be invoiced on a current or additional invoice.
• You are billed at a 4/4 rate per month. That is for 4
service visits per month the client pays for.
• Monthly service rates are the same during time off &
• Please pay your bill anytime during the month of the current
billing cycle (1st—30/31).
• I do this so my clients can change or cancel service at
the beginning of
the month and billing cycle.
• We can no longer change service
in the middle of the billing cycle.
• If you wish to change your service we need notification
prior to the 1st of the next billing cycle.
• If your payment does not arrive
prior to the 1st of the next billing cycle, service
will be placed on hold until payment is secured.
• If this affects the quality of your pool, you the client,
will be required to pay any extra services in order to get the
pool back in operational order.
• We will require the late payment and current payment due
on account to be paid in full in order to resume service.
• Any invoices that are outstanding or over 30 days due
will be procured through legal action and sent to a collections
agency that may interfere with your credit rating.
•This is a month to month contract.
June Filter Cleaning $100.00
Tail scrubber $5 + Tax = $5.46
July Pool Service $185.00
Total Due: $290.46
- Service Interruption:
• If service is to be interrupted by client / customer for
any reason, APS requires notification with in seven (7) business
days prior to the requested date of interruption.
• This includes construction, tree pruning, 3rd party repairs,
access to property such as gates, etc.
• With proper notification APS will not bill the client
for services not performed.
• If APS is not properly notified the client will be billed
for that visit.
- Sale / Rental of Property:
• If a client / customer places their property on the market
for sale or rental, we require full monthly payment prior to providing
• We will continue to require full monthly payment prior
to service until the property is sold or while being rented.
• Payment will be due prior to the first service visit of
• If prior payment is not secured by client, we will place
a hold on service.
• Once a hold is placed on service the client is responsible
for any payments due.
• If a client / customer refuses to secure payment in advance
then Alumni Pool Service releases all liability and responsibility
for the pool / spa and service will be canceled.
- Time Off = (Vacation + Training):
• 3 weeks time off a year + 1 week for training.
• We will no longer be able to perform one week of free
services per year. This week will be used for training purposes
starting May 1, 2018.
• 1 week of training will be scheduled sometime during the
off season. (September - March).
• Possible choices for training pending on year and availability:
• Pie Show - September
• Pentair Training - October
• International Pool, Spa & Patio Show - November
• Training is needed to keep up with the innovations of
the industry and provide the client with better service.
• The week of Thanksgiving, X-Mass and New Year’s
we are closed for time off.
• During this time of the year we can over compensate for
chemicals prior to time off.
• Spa chemical packs will be left on site at owners request
for second week of time off.
• This will have little or no effect on your pool unless
you are using your heater.
• If you are having a special occasion we can discuss the
matter of getting the pool or spa serviced.
• The client / customer needs to provide their request fourteen
(14) business days prior to our time off.
• Without proper notification I can not fulfill there request
the pool or spa serviced.
• Service during our time off is charged at an hourly rate.
• 4 times a month service X 12 months in a calendar year
= 48 visits a year the client pays for service.
• A calendar year is 52 weeks – 48 weeks (service)
= 4 weeks of non-paid service.
• 48 weeks service + 3 weeks time off + 1 week training
= 52 weeks total.
• Monthly service rates are the same
all 12 months including when time off & training weeks are
- Cancellation of Services:
• Alumni Pool Service reserves the right to cancel this
contract at any time for any reason.
• Client must contact APS by phone, text, email or regular
mail in order to cancel.
• Client will owe current balance up to cancellation date.